Survey Giveaway Rules
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning.
- DISPUTES RESOLVED BY BINDING ARBITRATION WITH NO CLASS RELIEF.
Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering this Giveaway. By participating in this Giveaway, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
1. SPONSOR: The “Sponsor” is Honeycomb Collaborative
2. ELIGIBILITY: “The Honeycomb Collaborative Survey” Giveaway (the “Giveaway”) is open only to legal residents who are physically located in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, and who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older. Employees of Sponsor, and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, distributors and other prize suppliers, directors, officers, and each of their immediate family members (spouse, domestic partner, parents, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren) are not eligible to enter the Giveaway or win. Void where prohibited by law.
3. ENTRY PERIOD: The Giveaway begins when the survey releases, after 9:00 AM PST on May 17, 2021 and ends at 2:00 PM PST on June 2, 2021 (the “Entry Period”).
4. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Giveaway, you must access and complete the survey located at https://survey.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_abIK9s9HMO4vfWS. To enter, complete the survey located on the Survey Website. If you qualify for the survey and complete it in its entirety, you will receive one (1) entry into the Giveaway. Limit one (1) entry per person (“Entry” or “Entries”).
No entries will be accepted that do not follow the Surveys instructions. All Entries must be received by the Sponsor within the Entry Period. An online entry is “received” when the Sponsor’s servers record the entry. Entries must comply with these Official Rules or be disqualified from the Giveaway at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. If you change your contact information after you enter the Giveaway, it is your sole responsibility to update your information with the Sponsor. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. In the event of a dispute, the potential winner may be required to provide proof that he or she is the authorized holder of the identified email account. Sponsor may run multiple campaigns, contests, Giveaway or other promotions simultaneously. Entry into one (1) campaign, contest or Giveaway does not constitute entry into any other.
5. ALTERNATIVE METHOD OF ENTRY: You may also enter the Giveaway by emailing Sponsor at email@example.com during the Entry Period, including the name of the Giveaway for which you are entering, your Email Address, First Name, Last Name, Home Address (no P.O. Boxes), City, State, Zip Code, Phone Number (including area code) (collectively, “Entry Information”). Limit of one (1) entry per person will be accepted. Subsequent attempts made by the same individual to submit multiple entries (including via automated means) are void. Entries that are not in compliance with the Official Rules may be disqualified at Sponsor’s discretion. An emailed entry is “received” when the Sponsor’s servers record the entry information.
6. WINNER SELECTION, NOTIFICATION AND PRIZE CLAIMING: Three (3) potential Winners will be selected through a random drawing on or about June 4, 2021 from all eligible entries received in accordance with these Official Rules. Sponsor will have complete discretion over interpretation of the Official Rules, of administration of the Giveaway, and of selection of any winner. Decisions of the Sponsor as to the selection of a winner will be final. The potential Winners will be notified by e-mail by June 4, 2021. Notification is deemed to have occurred immediately upon sending of an e-mail. If the potential Winner fails to respond within five (5) days of notification, Sponsor may select another potential Winner at Sponsor’s discretion.
Each potential Winner may be required to submit an affidavit of eligibility / release of liability / prize acceptance agreement (the “Prize Acceptance Release”), and return same within the time period specified at notification before being eligible to receive his or her prize.
7. ODDS: Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
8. PRIZES AND VALUES: Sponsor will award each Winner one (1) 11-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi 128GB in Space Gray (“Prize”). Prizes are for this specific model and size. There will be no personalization of the prize and no changes to the model, size, functionality, capacity or color. It is non-transferable, with no cash redemptions, equivalents or substitutions except at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. All prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, and are subject to change. In the event that Sponsor is unable to provide the Winner with their prize, the Sponsor may elect to pay the Winner the ARV of the Prize, or award an alternate prize of comparable or greater value. All prizes are awarded “AS IS” and without warranty of any kind, express or implied. Winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prize(s). ARV of the prize is based on available information provided to Sponsor and may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Unclaimed prizes will be forfeited.
9. PRIVACY AND GIVEAWAY COMMUNICATIONS: By entering this Giveaway, you understand that Sponsor, its third party vendors, and its advertising or promotion agencies may use your personal information (including email address) for administration of the Giveaway, the fulfillment of Prizes, for marketing purposes and to provide you with information about Sponsor’s programs, products, services and special offers. You expressly consent to the use of your information by Sponsor and its advertising or promotion agencies for such purposes.
10. PUBLICITY RELEASE: Except where prohibited, by participating, you grant Sponsor permission to use your name, affiliation, or comments for publicity purposes, in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, without payment to you.
11. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. The Giveaway Official Rules, the Survey website, and all related web pages, content and code are the property of the Sponsor or authorized third parties. The copying of any of those materials, associated trademarks or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited. By posting any content to the Survey Website (“User Promotion Content”), you irrevocably: (a) Grant Sponsor a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide license to all rights in the User Promotion Content (e.g., copyright) together with all consents necessary to enable its exploitation by any means and in all media now known or hereafter devised, without payment or other reference to you or any other person, and to advertise such exploitation in perpetuity; and (b) Confirm that the User Promotion Content is original, does not violate any personal rights (e.g., defamation, privacy, false light, moral right, etc.) or any property rights (e.g., copyright, trademark, etc.) of any person/entity.
12. RELEASE: By participating in the Giveaway, you agree to release the Sponsor, and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, distributors, licensors, licensees, representatives, attorneys, prize providers and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns (“Released Parties”) from any claims, liability, costs, losses, damages or injuries of any kind arising out of or related to your participation in the Giveaway. You agree that the Released Parties: (A) have neither made nor will be responsible for any warranty, express or implied, in connection with the Giveaway (including Prizes); (B) and will not be responsible or liable for any injury that may be caused by the wrongful act of any other person or entity, including Promotion Website users, and by any cause whatsoever beyond the control of the Released Parties. You further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable are hereby expressly and forever waived. You acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE AND THAT, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER, WOULD HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY.”
13. YOUR REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND INDEMNITY: You represent and warrant that you have read, understand and will follow the Official Rules. You further warrant and represent that you have the right to agree to these Official Rules and that your participation in the Giveaway will not violate any applicable laws, regulations, directives, codes of conduct, ethics policies or other rules of any governmental or regulatory authority or your employer. You agree to indemnify and hold the Released Parties harmless from and against any third party claim, to the extent relating to any breach of any representation, warranty or covenant made by you in your acceptance of these Official Rules.
14. SUSPENSION / MODIFICATION / TERMINATION: If Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Giveaway by any event or cause beyond its control, e.g., events of nature, interference by humans or entities unrelated to Sponsor, acts of government (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Giveaway. If the Giveaway is terminated, the Sponsor, at its sole discretion, may select the potential Winner from all eligible entries received prior to termination.
15. TAMPERING: Sponsor will disqualify any individual that attempts to tamper with or undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway and reserves the right to seek damages (including attorneys’ fees) and other remedies from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law.
16. GOVERNING LAW / LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: All issues concerning the Giveaway and these Official Rules shall be governed by California law without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules that would cause the application of any other state’s laws.
BY ENTERING THE GIVEAWAY, YOU AGREE THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY CLAIMS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (2) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (3) YOU IRREVOCABLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO SEEK EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
17. MANDATORY ARBITRATION; NO CLASS RELIEF: To the fullest extent permissible by law, with the exception of disputes pertaining to Sponsor’s intellectual property rights, ANY DISPUTE BETWEEN YOU AND SPONSOR RELATING TO THE GIVEAWAY SHALL BE REFERRED TO AND FINALLY RESOLVED THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JAMS UNDER THE JAMS STREAMLINED ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS WITH NO CLASS RELIEF. This clause shall be construed as a “written agreement to arbitrate” pursuant to the Federal Arbitration Act.
18. NAME OF WINNER/OFFICIAL RULES REQUESTS: To receive the name of the Winners, send a stamped self-addressed envelope to: “Giveaway Winners List”, Honeycomb Collaborative (Attn: Jennie Burger). Please indicate which Giveaway Winners List you are requesting (i.e., the name of the Survey). For a copy of these Official Rules, send a legal-size, self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Giveaway Official Rules”, Honeycomb Collaborative, 82 Converse Ln, Melrose, MA 02176 (Attn: Jennie Burger) prior to the end of the Entry Period. Please indicate which Giveaway Official Rules you are requesting (i.e., the name of the Survey) and the date the survey announcement was received. Vermont residents may omit return postage with Official Rules requests.
MISCELLANEOUS: The invalidity of any provision of these Official Rules or the Prize Acceptance Release will not affect the validity of any other provision. In the event that any provision of the Official Rules or the Prize Acceptance Release is determined to be unenforceable, the other provisions will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid provision were not contained here. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver. Sponsor and its respective parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies, agents, and representatives are not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the administration of the Giveaway, including, but not limited to, errors in any printing or posting of these Official Rules, the selection and announcement of any winner, or the distribution of any prize. You agree to waive any rights to claim ambiguity of these Official Rules. Headings are solely for convenience and will not be deemed to affect the meaning of this document.